Clear + Brilliant is an affordable, proactive treatment with little to no downtime that will help you maintain your healthy beautiful skin now, forever! The Clear + Brilliant treatment aims to maintain youthful skin, prevent early signs of aging, and improve the skins tone, texture and radiance!
The technology behind Clear + Brilliant
Clear + Brilliant is a new category of laser aesthetic treatments based on fractional laser technology. Fractional lasers treat only a fraction of the skin, leaving healthy tissue around each lesion. The healthy, unaffected skin around the lesion plays an important function in wound healing; this process means that the treatment is more comfortable and recovery time is much shorter.
Would Clear + Brilliant be the right treatment for you?
Clear + Brilliant is safe for all types of skin, because it targets water, not pigment!
- Are you looking to improve and prevent the early signs of aging?
- Do you want collagen remodeling without pain?
- Do you have healthy skin but want to slow the signs of aging now?
- Do you want to improve skin tone, texture and radiance?
- Do you want to minimize pore size?
- Do you want it all with little to no downtime?
- Have you had chemical peels or microdermabrasion before, but are looking for a step-up?
Contradictions & Considerations:
Clear + Brilliant may not be right for you if you...
- Suffer from rosacea, melasma, actinic keratosis, or other skin conditions such as psoriasis, eczema, inflammation, burns, rashes, open wounds, cold sores, active infections, or skin cancer
- Have a predisposition to keloid formation or excessive scarring
- Have a Compromised immune system (e.g. HIV, lupus, scleroderma, systemic infections)
- Are sensitive to light; use of photosensitizing agents/medications
- Use systemic steroids
- Use Isotretinoin (Accutane®) or drugs in a similar class
- Are recovering from a cosmetic procedure
- Have a predisposition to post inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH)
- Are actively tanning or have regular UV exposure
- Are taking medication which may affect coagulation, predispose patients to petechiae
- Have cosmetic facial tattoos
- Are pregnant or currently nursing
2 weeks before your treatment:
- Avoid use of Retinoids for at least 2 weeks prior to treatment
- Botox injections or dermal fillers should not be conducted within 2 weeks prior to treatment
- The appointment would take approximately 35-60 minutes. We would begin with a topical anesthetic agent for 15-30 minutes, followed by the procedure or 20-30 minutes. Most patients describe an increased sensation of heat or “prickling” during treatment with redness and subtle inflammation immediately after treatment. which commonly resolves within a few hours, but may last up to24 hours in some patients. The social downtime varies from patient to patient.
- Ideally one would have multiple treatments, spaced 2-4 weeks apart; maintenance treatments would be scheduled as desired.
Change on the site and inform me once task is completed.
You can apply makeup immediately after the treatment and continue with your daily activities without risks for the skin. Direct sun exposure must b avoided for 7 days post procedure.
Immediately: intense heat sensation that will last for about 1 hour: use cooling gel and cooling packs to reduce heat
Day 1: mild redness that will start diminishing a few hours after the treatment
Day 2-3: bronzing more or less intense depending on the patients skin. Skin feels dry (use moisturizer!)
Day 2-4: skin feels very dry and fine sandpaper-like: this is the healthy skin pushing out the old skin
Day 4-5: the dryness and rough skin gives room to new, smooth, younger looking skin Schedule a complimentary consultation in our Toronto office to learn what Clear + Brilliant can do for you.
Drs. Hanna, Schachter, Curtis, Abdulla, Pollack & Taradash at Dermatology on Bloor are available to help patients achieve more self-esteem and confidence with treatment of this and many other dermatologic concerns.